Thursday, March 1, 2012

Currently.


Time: 10:39pm

Obsessing over: clearing my mind. I wish I knew how. My mind has literally been racing, without concentrating on one thing for the past two days. I can't seem to slow it down or relax it unless I forget about relaxing it and then it stops and starts again once I remember. Confusing and crazy, I know but that's my mind for ya. It just goes around and around, never stopping and these types of days drive me insane. Maybe I should take up meditation or do some yoga, who knows. I just need it to slow down for a little bit. That's not too much to ask for, right? 

Working on: I read this article in the Oprah Magazine today and they always have these inspiring stories of women finding their dream job or more so...**creating** their dream job after years of working in a job that didn't get them that exact joy they were always looking for. This story in particular focused on this woman who was a neuroscientist, who happened to become ill and was put on bed rest...was bored....always had a thing for fashion...and ended up starting her own clothing line...as she lie in bed. Interesting right? Anyway, back to what I'm working on...I'm working on finding my dream again, and then making it come true. The problem with me is that, I have way too many passions/interests/dreams and they all get mixed up and I lose my way. There is a quote that really sums me up in this particular instance by Jack Kerouac...

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you. I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.” 

I'm dedicating my time to finding what I really want to do with my life, so yes, that's what I'm working on lately. How about you? ;)

Watching: Villanova vs. Rutgers game. Not by choice. My favorite is trying to figure out the television channels and conveniently stopped at this one. Apparently there is nothing of substance to watch on tv at 10:40pm. I beg to differ...I'm sure there is a 'say yes to the dress' or 'jerseylicious' rerun on, that I definitely could watch at the moment. But that's why I blog instead : )

Thinking About: David and how much he is reading over my shoulder right now and also, spending the day with Ashlee and Olivia tomorrow. Tons of pictures, playing outside, and more playing. Hopefully the sun will be out and it will be extra warm. I want a full day of sunshine, laughing, and playing. Oh, what I would do to be a kid again. They fall in the mud and get back up and their worries are nonexistent....while I over here, can't seem to stop a racing mind. Ah, the good ole days.

Listening to: well, the Villanova and Rutgers game. Very enticing. Oh and...Stewart snoring. 

Wishing: my mind would clear up. and that I will eat better tomorrow. I have been infiltrating my body with sweets galore today. I'm surprised I'm not in a sugar shock! I'm preparing to go on a complete detox from sugar....could it be the answer to clearing my mind? who knows, I just hope so.

What about you? How are you doing tonight? 
Hope you're having a good one : )

xoxo 

V

Thank you to sometimessweet for the post inspiration. I love the idea and the blog.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished