Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Summer Bucket List!



Summer is here. Super hot days, warm nights, popsicles, skinned knees, pool parties, etc! With about a month left before Baby T comes, I wanted to make a list of fun things to do with Penelope, so we can have some time together, since a lot of changes will be happening very soon! I've put together a little summer bucket list and wanted to share. I think it's a great idea to do each season as a tradition and then as the kiddos get older, they can help fill up the bucket list with their own ideas. So here goes!

1. Take lots of walks before the weather gets unbearably hot. I'm not sure how unbearable it can get here, when we've survived three Texas summers. Penelope is at the age now where she loves to walk with you, instead of in a stroller, stopping to pick up any cool rocks or flowers she may find. It's kind of awesome.

2. Go swimming. Well that's pretty self-explanatory.

3. Have a picnic. There is a really neat park for kids right around where we live and it's the perfect spot to have lunch and then let Penelope run wild for an hour or so.

4. Go to the library. I also happened to find a library close to us which is awesome because we didn't have any too close in San Antonio. It will be nice to go with Penelope and have her look through the books and pick a few she would like to read.

5. Take a day trip to the beach. We are kind of at the point now where I can't go too far from home, but I want to take Penelope to the beach still, even for the day. The best summer memories I have are at the beach with my family. I want her to be able to play in the sand, pick up seashells, have boardwalk pizza and icecream, and play games.

6. Go to a Phillies Game. It's been a while! We haven't been to a Phillies game in years, since we've been living in San Antonio. Now that we are back here for a while, I'm itching to go to one and take Penelope on a cooler night!

7. Rita's Water Ice. We've missed it since we've been living in Texas. Bahama Bucks shaved ice just didn't compare.

8. Stay up late, make s'mores, and catch lightning bugs aka fireflies.

9. Go to a museum. There are plenty here that will keep Penelope interested and with the super hot days that are in store, something fun indoors will be a must.

10. Go to the zoo.

11. Get Slurpees. I don't know why I added this one, maybe I'm just craving one. Who knows.

What are some things on your summer bucket list?!

Have a great week! 

xoxo






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished