Friday, June 24, 2016

What I'm Reading:: June

Last night as I was sitting on the couch trying to get through this old book I had started reading this week, David said to me "you're a book-reading junkie lately". I took that as a compliment. I don't know what it is, I've always really liked to read but lately instead of watching tv when I finally get a chance to sit on the couch, I just want to read. 

Continuing with my monthly book lists. I've included a few new books I've decided to read this month. One is a light summer chick book and the other two just looked really interesting. Let me know what you think or if you've read any of them!

What I'm reading in June and July:



I was a little on the fence about reading this book at first. It is a coming of age story, set in the 1960s, revolving around the lives of young girls who have become entwined in a cult with a Charles Mansonesque leader. The story is told from a middle aged woman looking back to when she was 14, when she stumbled across this new world as a young girl looking to find herself one summer. It's incredibly deep and at times a lot to handle, but it is so well written. You can find it here.



This book is on the lighter side compared to the first book I mentioned. It's perfect as a poolside or beach read. It tells the story of two childhood best friends that lose touch and then inevitably find their way back to each other all to save a little girl and give her a family. It's a really good summer read! You can find it here.



Lastly, this book I stumbled across on Barnes & Noble's top recent books list. This book is about young friends that grow up together, live around each other as they are older with their own families, and watch their kids settle into friendships with each other. It's funny and at times crazy, but it's a really fun and good humored book! You can find it here.

What are you reading this month? 

Have a great weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished