Monday, May 23, 2016

What I'm Reading: May

I've been able to read a few books this past month, more than I normally would have time for. The pregnancy insomnia has kicked in, so after Penelope goes to bed I sit and read voraciously until I fall asleep. I've been staying up later and later every night trying to finish the books I'm reading because they were so good.

Instead of keeping these books to myself, I decided I'd start a mini series of posts every month telling you all what I've read or am planning to read. I'd love to hear your book suggestions too. I'm always looking for something new to read.

This past month, I was in a young adult book mood and read two really good ones but both were pretty dark, I have to admit. They are definitely worth sharing though and if you've read them, let me know what you thought of them!

I've also read another book from a new favorite author of mine, Rainbow Rowell called Attachments. This one was recommended to me from my brother and I have to admit, I had a super hard time getting into at first and then after a few chapters I was hooked.

What I read in April and May: 



Although this is labeled a 'young adult' novel, I really believe any age will enjoy this book and become hooked. I was intrigued from the beginning reading about a wealthy family who summers on a private island every year, the tragedy that occurs, and the ways in which they find their path back to the truth. It keeps you on the edge of your seat. Find it here.



This book and I had a love/hate relationship. I couldn't stop reading but it made me so sad. It's a heartbreaking love story between two teenagers who find themselves through each other. It touches on some super difficult topics. Find it here



This book is a little more lighthearted. I read it after reading the above two, when I needed a break from all of the sadness. Rainbow Rowell has written a few books that I have really liked. This one is one of her adult novels, touching on e-mail exchanges between two best friends at work about their day to day lives and the unlikely person who happens to be monitoring the e-mails. It's funny and refreshing. Find it here.


What I've just started:



I've just started The Weekenders and am already loving it. It's the perfect summer read with a a twinge of suspicion, betrayal, guilt, etc. Mary Kay Andrews always seems to write the books I take on vacation with me and become hooked while sitting on the beach. Find it here.



Last but not least, Along for the Ride, is really not a new book to me. I've read it probably twice (no shame). It's a young adult book by my all time favorite author, Sarah Dessen. I started reading this around the same time I started The Weekenders. Don't ask me how I'm reading two books right now but sometimes I just go back to an oldie but goodies for fun. I totally recommend this book if you're looking for something light and hopeful. Find it here. 

Let me know what you're reading currently or what you thought of these books!
Enjoy xoxo


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished