Monday, August 27, 2012

the countdown begins.



We are moving in 10 days, woo hoo! I am silently freaking out inside, trying to figure out everything we need, while sorting everything we have. I have decided it would be best if I downsize...ahem...yep, downsize my closet a bit. I hate saying those words, but in all reality, my closet is a big giant hoarder of trends past and new. It spits out piles of sequins, denim, stripes, and every other style that came and went over the last decade (ok, maybe not decade). I have been putting off going through it because we have had this mutual agreement that if I just let it go, I wouldn't have such a hard time trying to find a suitable outfit every day, because it would just stay where I put it last. Sadly, I must say bye to some long-lost friends in there. 
So, that's what I'll be doing this week. Attacking the closet, one pair of trouser jeans and blazer combo at a time. I'll be choking back tears as I gently place each piece of clothing in the to-go pile, remembering what a great time I had wearing them, while praising my courage and leap into the adult-less-clutter lifestyle I so desperately need right now. Clutter gives me anxiety but clothes make me happy, yikes.

Wish me luck : )


4 comments :

  1. worst part of moving - probably packing your closet. Best part of moving - probably unpacking your closet. God speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping your words are true ; ) thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished