Saturday, August 11, 2012

anatomy of a friday night, vickie style.

I wish I could tell you the majority of my Friday nights include pretty outfits, lavish dates, wining and dining, and maybe some dancing thrown in the mix but ....yea, nope and I really don't mind because...I spend them with some of my favorite people in this world. We hang out, eat pizza and french fries, drink soda, talk about their friends at school, what they played at recess that week, who said what during lunch on Tuesday, and what Fuzzo has been up to lately (long story). We snuggle up on the couch, arms and legs overlapping, Good Luck Charlie or Jessie playing in the background, trying to beat each other in Temple Run, or playing our own version of the game of Things.

This is my favorite way to spend my Friday nights and I wouldn't have it any other way except! when these simple Friday nights turn into a mini sleepover that includes music, dancing in fun costumes, makeup, hair, and Selena Gomez/Carly Rae Jepsen, Taylor Swift, Karmin, all joining the party. Makes me feel like a kid again, which is like a slice of heaven when growing up is just no fun at all. This was my Friday night last week:











Pop Star party with loads of hair and makeup and lots of dancing.
Brownies are always a part of Friday nights too...

Love my Friday nights with my favorite people : ) These type of nights bring you down from the boring routine of life every day. Makes me remember what it's like to not have a care in the world except for what backpack I want to carry for the new school year and if my best friends are going to be in my same class. My favorites are my little reminders of what it's like to be a kid and to have a whole life of dreams and fun ahead of you. 



3 comments :

  1. sounds like such a fun friday night : ) I love when I get to hang out with the twins too, its just that feeling of no worries that is so awesome.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss those 2! They are mini Vickie's, its awesome! lol Please tell Lynn and Andy and those 3 awesome kids I said hello! And this looks like a pretty amazing night. What I'd give to be that little again!

    X Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the party theme! So adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished