Monday, April 9, 2012

take a break.


photocredit

lately, i tend to hit writer-blocks all the time. i sit in front of my computer screen without a thought or word running through my mind. the white blank-ness on the computer screen grows and grows but my hands remain unmoving and i have absolutely nothing to say. it's almost as if this computer screen is infecting my mind and pushing all thoughts out. it's hard to believe, that me, of all people would have nothing to say but that's the problem lately and frankly, it's pretty annoying.

writing used to be extremely easy. it was natural. i took out a pen and paper, just wrote about what ever i was thinking or what ever my mind could conjure up for the time being. i would fill books and books with words and thoughts, never thinking once about not having anything to say. my mind was always creating what my fingers were putting down. so that's where i am tonight. i am realizing that sitting in front of this laptop each and every day and night is starting to drain my brain of all useful thoughts and inspiration. don't get me wrong, i absolutely love reading, researching, and creating on here but some times our brains need a break and i think mine is not only asking but demanding/screaming for one.

so my pact is to go back to the good ole days (well not entirely because that would just be scary). i want to give my mind a little break, which means turning off this computer each and every night and not opening it up again, at all, for anything (even if justin bieber tweeted me). i hit the couch at a certain point every night and watch tv or read a book, but most of the time during those two activities, i have the laptop propped open near me incase i feel like finding something online or posting something on this baby, but i can't do that anymore. my blog will be here always (what a luxury!) but my mind needs to refresh itself every night.

aside from my claim to give my mind a break, i think it's good for everyone to take that time. don't ya think? this generation has gotten so cooped up on everything the internet encompasses and it's unbelievable and the answer to many of our questions in so many ways but it's consuming and mind-numbing sometimes. so, i definitely need a break (in more ways than one) and i'm going to start doing that each and every night. maybe it will help my not so great sleeping habits lately as well. i can't seem to sleep through the entire night without waking up several times and having a hard time going back to sleep. it's terrible, really.



i think the only cure to these problems and to clearing my mind and having a lighter conscience is taking a break. leaving the computer off, sitting on the couch, or taking a walk just with myself and letting my mind and body unwind without having any pressure to write or create or do anything for that matter. sometimes we just need to be still. and that....is what i'm going to do.


just be still.

i've all ready started to put the phone away at night and now, the laptop.

here we go, clearing the mind. and maybe getting some great sleep.

xoxo

1 comment :

  1. Hey girl!!
    Have you tried searching to writers prompts on pinterest?! I've found that when I need ideas, pinterest is so much better than google sometimes. Just a thought. I hope you have an amazing week!!

    xoxo. Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished