Monday, August 26, 2013

This is What Happy Looks Like.

This Is What Happy Looks Like. 


Not literally. The above is actually a book I just finished reading yesterday - more like consumed in one day. I had the urge to get lost in Barnes & Noble the other day. I wanted a fun read, an end of the summer relaxing read and I stumbled upon this book by Jennifer Smith, whom also wrote the The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, which also is a great read. 

This book; geared more towards the young adult life which is not me (sadly, I had to admit this to myself after shedding a few tears) but it is completely consuming in a good way that a book should be, when you feel like getting lost in someone else's words and not your own thoughts. This book completely captured me from the beginning, It begins with an accidental e-mail being sent from one 17 year old guy to another 17 year old girl which then evolves into a back-and-forth friendship completely born via the web until they finally meet-unexpectedly-and identities are revealed along with TONS of feelings. I know what you are thinking - who continues to e-mail someone they DON'T know at this day and age - with all the loonies out there pretending to be 17 year old guys. My response to you is - JUST GO WITH IT, for the books sake and for a great summer read (that makes you feel like you are 18 again, or 17, whatever). 

Graham and Ellie; the two main characters are portrayed in such a way that I could envision in my mind what they looked like and...so it played as a mini movie in my head as I read along with the book. They had great story lines and backgrounds....and...a pretty sweet chemistry, if you're interested in reading a semi-chick read! 

If you're looking for something light, somewhat romantic in that 17-year old love kinda way with a modern twist, and something to just dive into that you cannot put down - I completely recommend this book. Warning - Nostalgia will immediately set in for the duration of this novel and shortly after... a sweet nostalgia of those easier times (or so we think-they really weren't that much easier!), young love, summer nights, and life before life (if that makes sense!). 

This is what happy looks like by Jennifer E. Smith. 

Enjoy : ) 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished