Thursday, September 19, 2013

De-clutter quest and the weekend.

I've been in reorganization mode this week...of my entire house. That is my project this week. It's proving to be a lot more exhausting than I thought it would be. Who knew we had so much junk? Yikes. I swear this is good for the soul sometimes--just to get rid of all the clutter. I've started in the kitchen, migrated to the pantry, and today it's the linen closet and guest bedroom. 
 Initially I did not begin this re-organization quest to de-clutter my home and soul...We are actually having some visitors in the next couple weeks and I can't have this cluttered mess welcoming people.
Anyway, that was my excuse for being away from this here ole blog this week. 

I figured I'd share a little bit of our weekend since our weekends will be pretty jam-packed for the next couple months! 

We took a mini road-trip this weekend and went to State College to visit my brother and go to the Penn State football game. We packed the car and Romeo (our pup) and drove to Penn State. My parents and my uncle's family made the drive as well--so it was one big family reunion in State College. The best part we thought was that Romeo could come as well--because he loves his Uncle Pete (my little brother) : )

Some photos from my iPhone from our trip!


Driving to State College at 6am--we are happier than expected. 


Romeo and his uncle -- so happy to see him. 


We spent most of the day tailgating for the football game. Barbecuing, playing games, dancing, eating, and enjoying ice cream. The day was absolutely beautiful and the sky was unreal! Look at some of these photos. Excuse my appearance - the weather went from freezing to warm to uncomfortable hot -- fashion nightmare ; ) 



My dad - manning the grill.


The kids played games and beat almost everyone in this game. It was a sight....and pretty sad.


We spent the day in the sun and then the rest of the day back at my brother's house: eating, laughing, dancing, playing games, and just hanging out.


That night my brother took us out for some fun -- dancing for me...the entire night. 
As you can tell - we had a great time : ) 

Romeo slept for the next two days...guess he had a good time as well. 

Hope your weekend was fun : )

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished