Tuesday, March 26, 2013

tales of our mini road trippin' Sunday.

On Sunday David and I took a mini road trip to Hershey to have brunch with my parents. It was nice to just drive somewhere for the day. Well, I thought it was nice. After one too many renditions of Whitney Houston's songs and listening to Whitney's best songs of all time cd made by yours truly; David had enough of me...but there was some pretty scenery to pass the time.


 What was even better....we found some ahhhhmazing little antique stores/malls on our way home. I for one...absolutely love antiques, old trinkets, and could walk around these places for hours just going through everything. My dad is the same way. Throw him in an antique store and you will find him a few hours later sorting through old license plates and vintage lighters. We are two peas in a pod, that man and me. 
(some pretty antiques--like this telephone...that I wish I could find a place for in my home)



My mom and David are quite the opposite but they did seem to find some amusement in my dad and I, slowly walking through each aisle and marveling at all of the old treasures we would find. Frank Sinatra was playing in the background in one particular antique shop and I jumped on a 1960s purple Schwinn cruiser....not wanting to leave it. David then, brought me down from my crazy antique hysteria, broke my heart, and said it wouldn't fit in the car. Bummer. I'm on a mission to find one just like it. 


Me- on my future purple 1960s Schwinn cruiser...that I plan to own in the near future. 

Sadly, I didn't get my cruiser, so you won't see me riding around on that thing any time soon. I do promise I will have one some point in the near future though. Anyway, I did leave with some pretty fun trinkets. I went home with a few vintage mason jars to fill up with my some daffodils and sun flowers, some beautiful milk glass candle sticks for the candle-less dinner table in our home, and a vintage woven basket for our bathroom. I guess I should get some candles now and do some laundry so I can fill that basket up with pretty towels : )


It was a fun day and a relaxing weekend. I'm retiring the Whitney cd for a while...I promised David that. Oh yes, and he wanted me to tell you all he bought the "coolest" vintage lighter (that he flicks open like a true 'greaser' (movie reference) while walking around with a content smirk. The things that amuse him....why I love him so much ; )

Hope you all had an equally enjoyable and relaxing weekend!


1 comment :

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished