Thursday, March 14, 2013

dessert first, please.

Cupcakes have consumed my life lately, which brings me to my point....cupcakes are so much better than cakes. They fit perfectly into your palm, just the right amount of sweetness without overdoing it, and they come in the prettiest little get-ups. Don't you think?

Dessert has always been my most favorite part of any meal, well besides breakfast ( I love me some breakfast), but yes, I love dessert. I would rather eat dessert when David and I go out to dinner. Most of the time, I look at the dessert menu first, while silently noticing David's subtle shaking head and smirk, peeking over the menu. Yes, I'm the one who will order a hot chocolate with the works before even ordering what I'm having for dinner.

Last year, out of sheer boredom, I decided to start baking. I started baking all different kinds of things: brownies, cakes, cinnamon buns, and more. I, then decided to attempt cupcakes and gourmet icing. After weeks of watching you tube videos for different frosting ideas and how to frost the perfect cupcake tutorials, I decided to do it myself. Now here I am, up to my elbows in frosting and fondant and absolutely loving every minute of it.



So this is what I have been up to lately. Baking and decorating. Trying not to lick any icing off of my fingers. 



Cupcakes for my grandmom's 80th birthday. She loves her gold coins and she is the shiny gold coin in my life, that lady : ) 




So many cupcakes. It's too much fun but I promise I will do better with this little ole blog here : )






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished