Wednesday, September 17, 2014

The awesome and not so awesome.



Some great and not so great parts of my last week or so: 

Let's start with the not-so awesome. 

I slept for about 3 hours on Sunday night and went to work on Monday like a zombie, trying desperately to concentrate in the about 100 meetings that were unexpected for the day. It was a Monday for the books - infamously terrible with everything that could possibly go wrong at work, to rainy commutes with traffic, and a very tired preggo lady that just wanted to crawl back in bed the majority of the day. 

Tuesday seemed to start off a bit better until I got to my car and it wouldn't start. After about 20 minutes, I gave up. My almost new (7 month old) car just wouldn't start, which resulted in it being towed to the dealership for them to tell me that it needed a new battery. Like I said, not so awesome. 

Dairy Queen ran out of sprinkles. I don't really know what else to say but that. No chocolate ice cream or sprinkles. A plain vanilla cone just wasn't going to cut it.  

My belly is getting to the point where it just doesn't want to fit into some of the tops I had bought a few months ago, which makes dressing for work increasingly difficult every morning. Business casual has a whole new meaning and brings a whole new level of frustration to the table, when you're almost 8 months pregnant. 


Let's end things with the absolutely awesome. 

We had a 3D/4D sonogram done last week and it was so crazy awesome. We were able to see little P's face, her absolutely adorable and delicate little lips and her button nose, and her little hands which she keeps conveniently right by her face as if she's pondering something really interesting. We even caught her letting out a big yawn and biting her lip. It was so incredible sitting there connecting the movements I was feeling to what I was watching on the screen. 

Little P's crib is all ready to go! Her room is still not quite together but we did manage to get the crib together and in her room, along with her rocking chair and mounds upon mounds of clothing that this little girl has! I'll have to share some photos soon of her room. 

We had 60-70 degree weather on Saturday and that is HUGE! We've been experiencing the worst heat lately, although the locals have not failed to remind us that this was a mild summer here in San Antonio. We've been anxiously awaiting the cooler weather and though it didn't stay, Saturday was a nice little break from the monster heat and I was able to bust out the new fall coat I had recently bought. I was a happy girl! 

Halloween Oreos are now in Target. That is all. Oh and candy corn. 

My recently acknowledged online shopping addiction, which can be categorized as a 'bad' thing has brought me so much joy this week with little surprises every day in the mail. Okay, maybe not every day but every couple/few days. The best packages are the ones you forgot you ordered...it's like Christmas ; ) 


I'm a firm believer that good always follows a little bad, as you can see. So...this wasn't necessarily a complaining post, although I did indulge in a little complaining. What really matters is that we can appreciate the good things that are happening to us every day, and they are so so good. 



Have a happy rest of the week : ) 







1 comment :

  1. no sprinkles!!! and the dreadful getting dressed in the morning I could relate that was me all winter/spring until I did that whole 30. Obviously you have baby weight that WILL come off as soon as little p is doing her thing out here :) I might do a post like this if I have time. With every good there's a little bad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished