Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Exploring

We took a mini road trip on Saturday to Fredericksburg, Texas. Some backstory - as David and I sat on the couch Saturday morning, I was looking on the internet for something to do or some where to go and I stumbled across this blog - The Daytripper. We ended up sitting on the couch for another 45 minutes watching mini-episodes of Chet Garner's visits throughout Texas. We watched one dedicated to Fredericksburg, Texas which is conveniently about a 50 minute drive from where we live.

Fredericksburg, Texas is an old town just northwest of San Antonio where German settlers founded many years ago and now it still is here with its old-time charm and heavy German influence as a landing for the every day tourist...and....us of course. We hopped in the car and ended up making the mini trip to Fredericksburg to see what it was about.

I brought along my camera which prompted David and Kelli to make fun of me the entire trip (apparently being associated with a 'super tourist' wasn't fun). Yes, I shamefully admit that I'm a super tourist. Anyway, Fredericksburg held up its bargain on the charm...

Main Street was lined with little shops and boutiques and tons of people meandering in and out for the majority of the day. We stopped in a few to buy some fudge (of course), popcorn (three different flavors, I might add), and world famous BBQ sauce (David's pick for the day). We explored for a while and walked past most of the charming antique shops (or else I would have spent all of my money), and then to beat the heat found a quaint little restaurant where we had an early dinner.

Here are some photos of our fun little adventure : )











Hat: Urban Outfitters (last season) (similar) Jeans: Anthropologie Top: Forever21  Sunnies: Raybans (similar
Bag: Goyard Flip Flops: Tory Burch 

I thought I'd share a little outfit photo as well for the day! 
Enjoy!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished