Sunday, February 9, 2014

El Mercado


David and I went exploring last weekend to see what we could find in the city. I had been googling things to do in San Antonio all morning and decided we should go to El Mercado.  Market Square is in downtown in San Antonio- a square filled with authentic Mexican dining, live music, small shops, art, and more. On Saturdays there is dancing, music, delicious food & drinks, and some awesome shopping for some great cultural goodies. 


We had fun taking in all of the bright colors, clothing, souvenirs, and the churros! Ah, they were so good! It was the day before I started the Whole30 and I totally ended my eating streak with a bang...I have dreams about the churros - so delicious!


Mexican flower halos we found in one of the shops! The sweet store owner showed us how to wear them. Aren't they adorable? I bought about 5 of them for all of the girls in my family!




After we did a little shopping, watched some of the dancing, and ate churros - we went to some of the food trucks on the street and ate some more : ) 



It was the absolute perfect day with sunny, 75 degree weather. After we left Market Square, we walked around town, taking in some of the beautiful homes in the historical district and ended the day at a cute little ice house that looked like we were sitting in a backyard. 


A gate in front of one of the historical homes we saw. We loved this house and David loved the lions....


We sat here for some guacamole and chips before we went to dinner. When I say we ate our way around town--- we did just that. 


Dinner was at ....maybe my favorite restaurant thus far in San Antonio; Piatti's. 

It was a very fun weekend leading up to a really stressful work week....
I'm a week behind but trying my best to update : ) 
Have a good week!






No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by : )

Blog Design by Get Polished